Please fill in our form to have your event considered for inclusion on TechCentral.ie: Submit Your Event
Tableau: Effective Data Visualisations
New Horizons Ireland
The use of analytics, statistics and data science in business has grown massively in recent years. Harnessing the power of data is opening actionable insights in diverse industries from banking to tourism.
This course will cover the basic theory of data visualisation along with practical skills for creating compelling visualizations, reports and dashboards from data using Tableau.
Outcome: After attending this course delegates will understand –
- How to move from business questions to great data visualizations and beyond
- How to apply the fundamentals of data visualization to create informative charts
- How to choose the right visualization type for the job at hand
- Reading data sources into Tableau
- Setting up the roles and data types for your analysis
- Creating new data fields using a range of calculation types
- Creating the following types of charts – cross tabs, pie and bar charts, geographic maps, dual axis and combo charts, heat maps, highlight tables, tree maps and scatter plots
- Creating Dashboards that delight using the all of the features available in Tableau.