Espion wins company honour at ICT Excellence Awards
17 May 2013 | 0
At a gala dinner in the Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin, hosted by journalist and broadcaster Matt Cooper, the ICT Excellence Awards honoured the best and brightest in Ireland’s ICT industry.
The ICT Company of the Year, from a shortlist of Lincor Solutions, Integrity Solutions, Espion, TERMINALFOUR and Arkphire, was taken by Espion which has shown strong growth and leadership in the IT security market.
ICT Person of the Year was awarded to Frank Salmon of CMS Distribution, recognising his achievements in growing a major distribution business over 25 years in Ireland and the UK.
IT Professional of the Year, which is open to teams and individuals, was won by FBD and Version1. The project team comprised 14 different work streams across business and technical functions on the FBD "SmartDriver" initiative.
A particular highlight of the evening was the award for Young IT Person of the Year, which was won by the members of Bardahl Racing, a team formed to compete in the Irish Computer Society F1 in Schools Technology Challenge. The award was received by team members Joseph Moran and Christopher Lynch, along with their teacher Triona Brosnan of St David’s Secondary School.
The other winners were:
- IT Project of the Year-Public Sector: DataEdge and the Irish Aviation Authority
- IT Project of the Year-Private Sector: Arkphire for Easytrip
- IT Project of the Year-SME: Savenet Solutions
- Mobile Technology Project of the Year: Púca
- Web Development Company of the Year: Strata3
- Technology Exporter of the Year: Fleetmatics Group Plc
- Best use of Technology in Education and Training: Camara Education
- Best Place to work in IT: Novosco
- Data Centre of the Year: Microsoft
- Specialist Distributor of the Year: Commtech Distribution
- Distributor of the Year: Wescoast
- Start-Up Company: Agile Networks
- Vertical Market Reseller of the Year: Unity Technology Solutions
- Marketing Excellence Award: Sage Ireland
- Managed Service Company of the Year: Ergo