TechCentral.ie takes the privacy of its users seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing a personalised and valuable service. Because we gather some information about you, we believe you should clearly understand how that information might be used.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect personal information about customers from a variety of sources including, but without limitation: (i) visits to our shows, websites, retail outlets; (ii) purchasing goods or services via our websites, or shows; (iii) emails, written and verbal communications and telephone conversations; and (iv) participating in competitions. We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that people providing us with personal information are aware that it is being collected and for what purpose it is being collected at the point of collection.
- EXAMPLES OF THE INFORMATION THAT WE MAY COLLECT
We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address, date of birth, and telephone number. We may also keep a record of the purchases that you have made from us, the dates and times that you visit our events, and details of any correspondence we have entered into with you.
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information about you to help us to understand about our customers generally, and also to help us to understand more about each individual customer specifically. For example, we would like to know the average age profile of our customers, and which products and articles they view most. This will allow us to provide a better services for you. As our magazines are audited, we are also required to obtain information about our readers in order to comply with regulations.
- HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
- to administer transactions and provide products and services and or details of products and services to customers who request them;
- to record, handle and respond to enquiries and complaints;
- for general record keeping purposes;
- to carry out market research and/or to improve the products and services we offer;
- to track activity on our website;
- to create an individual profile of each customer so that we can:-
- understand and respect their preferences and privacy,
- offer products and services (including those of our commercial partners and third parties) that we think might be of interest to them, and
- customise our communication with them. For example, we may customise our website and marketing communications according to their interests
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mediateam, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In these circumstances we will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that personal information relating to customers is properly protected and processed under strictly controlled conditions.
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO CONTACT YOU
We will assume that people who use our products, contact us, or use our website, wish to know more about them and we will communicate with them accordingly. We will use our reasonable endeavours to communicate with them according to the preferences that they share with us. We will use our reasonable endeavours at the point of data collection to provide customers with sufficient means to enable them to opt out of contact by us or any third parties. This will be through tick boxes on paper forms, and electronic tick boxes on digital media such as the internet.
In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called 'cookies' on the Mediateam websites. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by the browser on a computer's hard drive and they are used to record how people use and navigate websites.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your visitor experience.
For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see www.allaboutcookies.org.
We are firmly committed to data security. When customers place orders via the Mediateam websites, we use or offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information before it is sent to us. We take steps to guard against unauthorised access to customer data and have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse. We only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
We may monitor or record telephone calls and we may also use CCTV at or near our shows. The primary reason for this monitoring is for training and/or security purposes and also to improve the quality of services that we provide to you.
- WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION
We will use your financial information to enable payment authorisation and billing including any online, mail order, or telephone purchases. When you purchase any products from us, your consent is given to provide your financial information and personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies, banks and companies that handle delivery and shipping on our behalf. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk protection. We will not share your financial information with third parties without your consent for any other reason.
- YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and we are entitled to charge a fee towards the cost of administering any request that you make. The current fee is €10.
Telephone the Data Manager on 01 -2947777; or
Email email@example.com; or
The Data Manager
South County Business Park